On knowledge sharing and dissemination

... when circulating a working paper for comments, never put on "citations only permitted with the permission of author"

or "no parts of this paper can be used without permission of author". Rather, say "when using parts of this paper please give proper citation and help yourself". Be delighted if someone wants to quote you ... (p.7)

Source: Glaser, B. G. (2006) The roots of grounded theory. The Grounded Theory Review, 5(2/3), 1-10.

Thursday 28 April 2011

Attitude

I was at the bank last Monday. My "favourite" bank as usual ... Six counters, and two were open. And there were ONE THOUSAND customers. Please, sorry, I am exaggerating. It felt that way ...  it was so slow ...

What else to do ... Seated on one of the comfortable seat (this is an improvement which I appreciate* ...) As usual, I will be busy observing, watching and listening, discreetly of course ...

In front me, on the small table, a gentleman has put his book ... DEVELOPMENT ISSUES IN ISLAM by a...Mr. Sadeq. I could not see the author's full name but a good book to note, I thought. I will try to find that ...

An elderly lady was seated next to me, her grandson about 4 years old keeping her busy ...chatting ... pusing-pusing ...

A male customer at the counter took out some cash from his wallet, and in the process, dropped some coins.

Grandmother directed her grandson's attention to the coins on the floor and said (playfully of course ...) "Go and get those coins."

  And grandson answered: " Those belong to someone! ... (in BM ... Itu orang punya) ...

He was just a small boy and I really appreciate that. He has an ATTITUDE. He can compare right from wrong, and differentiate the two.

Compare this:

Three teenage boys on late shift finished cleaning at a Fast Food Restaurant. Close to mid-night. Presumably still had energy for more cleaning. What to do? Go and clean that shop that sells Silver trinkets ...

And the next day they were caught and detained by the police ... CCTV everywhere boys!

Now mothers were crying. I saw one of them with the Silver Shop's owner in a serious discussion ...

To cut the story short ... I met Lady Silver and asked her the progress of the incident ... and she said everything is okay now. The parents have paid for the stolen items and I have withdrawn the police report ... she said they are so young  and yet they have very BAD ATTITUDE.

I responded ... actually it's not BAD ATTITUDE ... they have NO ATTITUDE ... They are not differentiating BAD or GOOD. They must be thinking that they can have some fun ... a joke ... donkeying around ...

Now with the police experience, they may start having an attitude hopefully for the better ...


* These cushy seats should tell us something ...an apology for the service perhaps ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...