On knowledge sharing and dissemination

... when circulating a working paper for comments, never put on "citations only permitted with the permission of author"

or "no parts of this paper can be used without permission of author". Rather, say "when using parts of this paper please give proper citation and help yourself". Be delighted if someone wants to quote you ... (p.7)

Source: Glaser, B. G. (2006) The roots of grounded theory. The Grounded Theory Review, 5(2/3), 1-10.

Wednesday 18 April 2018

The Search. Day 1


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم



Where do I begin.
Probably my most distinct memory of her.
The first day of Primary School.
Every child walked to and from school. 
Some distance away from our Ulu Village.
On the way back, walking with my other siblings, she fell and hit her brow on the gravel road. 
A slight scar right across her perfect right eyebrow. 
Was the only reminder of that fall.

My Sweet Little Sister.

Our Pearl


~`~


And years and years later.
Something happened.
No.
 Not just something.
A series of painful and traumatic incidents.
And our Pearl.

Left.

The country for good.

Never to be seen nor heard.


~`~


April 1 2018.

Destination: London

Mission: In Search of Our Lost Pearl.

Depart MH4
Kuala Lumpur-London Sunday 1 April 2018
09:50 Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) Terminal M
16:35 London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 4
Duration: 13h:45m
Airbus Industrie A350-900

Post flight Coach to the next destination booked.
Hotel booked.


~`~


I was slightly unwell. 
Packed with remedies from the Pharmacy I departed. 
I took a couple of Paracetamols to prepare for the takeoff and landing. 
Previous extremely painful experience during these two processes when I was sick has taught me well.

And prayers, zikr.  As Husband kept reminding me before departure.

~`~

It has been many years since I was in a West Midlands' University in the UK.
It did feel like another homecoming.
A nostalgia of sorts.

But most importantly. 
I was apprehensive whether I could accomplish what I intended to do.
For Our Dear Mother.
For our Lost Pearl.
For all of us. The family.

~`~

Alhamdulillah.

Reached London on time.  
Sleeping throughout most of the journey since I did not sleep a wink the night before.
And I am not too young anymore for this long haul flight.

After a long queue and plenty of immigration polite queries, I moved on.

A nephew and his family kindly received me. 
Nephew was Husband's Sister's Son.

Nephew sorted out my communication needs. And set me on my booked coach to my next destination.

Southampton.

Departure: Heathrow Airport (T4) Arrivals Forecourt
Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:15 PM

Arrival: Southampton Coach Stn, Harbour Parade,
Sunday, April 1, 2018 9:15 PM.

Another 2 hrs. On the National Express.


~`~


I am never the one for coaches or buses. Nausea is a big issue. Hence why favourite public transport is the train. It is my transport of choice since my residential school days, travelling up and down Seremban-Bukit Mertajam-Seremban.

Alhamdulillah.
Reached Southampton. Without major mishap despite my churning stomach
Consistently trying to suppress my cough throughout the 2 hr ride.

As we were disembarking a lady seated across me smiled.
'Get well soon'
She said. 
Immediately, I felt much better. Emotionally.

As I trudged in the cold drizzle towards a taxi a few steps away from the Coach Stn.

to

Ibis Southampton Centre
9 West Quay Road Western Esplanade, Bargate, Southampton.

and 

To join HR my sister and her daughter HZ who were already in the hotel.
The both of them flew in from Amsterdam earlier in the afternoon.


~`~


Alhamdulillah.

It was a short less than 10 minutes ride in the taxi. Checked in. Lugged my light luggage to the lift. Into the room. Messaged my sister HR that I was in, and bid goodnight. Would see them in the morning, I said.

It has been a long day. I fell asleep in my travel attire.






1 comment:

  1. Do you understand there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your partner... that will trigger deep emotions of love and instinctual appeal for you deep inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, admire and protect you with all his heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than ever before to take care of you.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this powerful impulse is absolutely essential to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll immediately find him expose his soul and heart for you in such a way he never expressed before and he will recognize you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...